Other Surgical Services
We provide a wide variety of other surgical services at our hospital. Some commonly performed procedures include:
- Lumpectomies: removal of skin tumours/masses or other lumps on the body
- Exploratory Laparotomies: surgery inside of the abdomen to investigate a variety of problems, biopsy organs, remove foreign bodies, explore/remove tumours, etc
- Cystotomies: bladder surgery to remove bladder stones, biopsy the bladder, etc.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: using an endoscope (medical camera) to perform a variety of procedures similar to human medicine. Some example include laparoscopy to biopsy the kidney or liver, etc. See our “Endoscopy” category in Medical Services for more information.
- Orthopedic Surgeries:
- Cruciate Ligament Repair: repairing dogs or cats with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- Patellar Luxation Repair: repairing dogs or cats with a luxating patella (dislocating knee-cap)
- Femoral Head Ostectomies: repairing dogs and cats with a diseased hip joint.
- Dental and Oral Surgery: tooth extractions, oral fracture repair, and routine dental cleaning/polishing
- Declawing for Cats: using extensive pre and post-op pain control for cats including injectable pain control medications, local anesthetic nerve blocks, and post-operative pain medication (including pain medication to take home) will make your cat as “pain-free” as possible during the recovery period.
- Numerous other procedures: other surgeries we commonly perform include ear surgery, eye surgery, etc.